There are a ton of devices out there, but what’s the best device for you? Some personal tech can be reasonably priced, but how do you decide what to spend your money on? Hopefully, this article will help you make that decision.
These babies have a lot of versatility.
- One of the best things about tablets is their battery life. They are better than laptops and smartphones in their ability to keep a charge.
- Reading novels, watching movies, or catching the news is a much better viewing experience as well.
- Interestingly, tablets are cheaper than smartphones and laptops, and they can do many of the same things. Price could really be a determining factor.
- Taking notes and presentation control is more efficient with a tablet because of its compact size.
- If you are a business owner they are great for credit card transactions and portability. Servers won’t have to run to a register to ring up a meal, they can take it with them.
- Tablets are also an asset for artists. If you’re an illustrator or a digital artist, they can help up your game.
Laptops have a lot of things going for them especially these days.
- If you need to do a lot of typing but don’t have space, a laptop is a great option.
- Everything is already a part of the package. These days laptops are equipped with a webcam, mousepad, and keyboard. Desktops don’t always include these extra parts and have to be purchased separately, while also taking up more space.
- Laptop technology has a little more longevity than a typical desktop or tablet.
- If you are a student and do a lot of word processing, a laptop is probably your best bet, and there are many laptops that can turn into tablets making them even more versatile.
Desktop Computers aren’t always the most popular decision, but there are advantages to getting one.
- They will never run out of batteries since they stay plugged in. This is a nice feature considering you need to charge a laptop often.
- They are also less likely to be stolen. Laptops go with you and can easily be snatched when you aren’t looking because they are compact and lightweight. If a desktop gets stolen inside your house, that is a completely different issue.
- They tend to be large and easier to view so you can have a better view of the contents on your screen.
- They are cheaper and easier to upgrade.
- Ergonomically, a desktop computer can be more advantageous so you can sit up straight and allow different ergonomic keyboard options. These keyboards can be connected to other devices too, but when traveling with a laptop this isn’t necessarily functional.
There are a lot of device options to choose from, but it all comes down to what your needs are and which devices fit them better. Take your time to research each item and, if possible, demo them. Getting hands-on experience is the best way to help you make a decision. At the end of the day, if you are going to spend money, you want to stretch it as far as possible with a device that meets your needs.